- Use updated build tools (hopefully a workaround for LineageOS boot loop and Android Studio 3 https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/64434571).
- Various bug fixes.
- Now targetting Android 8. New adaptive icon for Android 8 (thanks to Adam Lapinski).
- Improve Camera2 quality for Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge (set EDGE_MODE_OFF and NOISE_REDUCTION_MODE_OFF).
- Option to auto-stabilize so your pictures are perfectly level no matter what (see example image).
- Expose your camera’s functionality: support for focus modes, scene modes, color effects, white balance, ISO, exposure compensation/lock, face detection, touch.
- Video recording (including HD).
- Handy remote controls: timer (with optional voice countdown), auto-repeat mode (with configurable delay).
- Option to take a photo remotely by making a noise (e.g., voice, whistle), or by voice command “cheese”.
- Configurable volume keys.
- Optimise GUI for left or right-handed users.
- Zoom via multi-touch gesture and single-touch control.
- Option to lock the orientation to portrait or landscape for photo or video. Upside-down preview option for use with attachable lenses.
- Choice of save folder (including support for Storage Access Framework).
- Disable shutter sound.
- Overlay a choice of grids and crop guides.
- Optional GPS location tagging (geotagging) of photos and videos; for photos this includes compass direction (GPSImgDirection, GPSImgDirectionRef).
- Apply date and timestamp, location coordinates, and custom text to photos; store date/time and location as video subtitles (.SRT).
- Yes, you can take a selfie (also known as a front camera), includes support for “screen flash”.
Support for (some) external microphones.
- Widget to automatically take a photo after launching.
- Support for Camera2 API: manual focus distance; manual ISO; manual exposure time; RAW (DNG) files.
- Support for HDR and Exposure Bracketing (Camera2 only).
- Dynamic range optimization mode.
- Small file size.
- Completely free, and no ads in the app (I only run ads on the website). Open Source.
- (Some features may not be available on all devices, as they may depend on hardware or camera features, the Android version, etc.)
If you wish you can show your appreciation and support future development of Open Camera by donating! This can be done by purchasing my donation app. Thanks!
Note that it’s not possible for me to test Open Camera on every Android device out there, so please test before using Open Camera to photo/video your wedding etc 🙂
App icon by Adam Lapinski ( http://www.yeti-designs.com ).
Open Camera Apk Information
- Updated: 30 December 2017
- Version: 1.42.1
- Requires Android: 4.0.3 and up
- Google play Rating: 4.3/5
- In-app Products: No
- Developer: Mark Harman
This release may come in several versions. Click the link below to download the latest version.